What is dangerous red eye?
The reddened eyes can be not only the result of fatigue, but also a sign of a dangerous disease threatening loss of vision. How to determine the cause of redness and whether to fight it yourself? When can folk remedies be effective, and when should I see a doctor? All this is in order.
Red eyes: causes
The causes of eye redness can be divided into two main groups: diseases and domestic factors.
These include both eye diseases and other diseases accompanied by dilation of the blood vessels of the eyeball.
Glaucoma, uveitis, conjunctivitis, corneal ulcer, asthenopia and astigmatism are externally manifested in the form of protein redness. Their distinguishing feature is the presence of pain: burning or cracking. In such cases, self-medication is strictly prohibited.
Contact a doctor for help: only timely medical care can prevent the development of the disease and loss of vision.
Sometimes redness of the eyes occurs if a person is sick with diabetes or hypertension, and diseases of the heart and circulatory system are manifested in a similar way. Therefore, while observing regular redness of your eyes, think about it, is it not time to visit the hospital and check if your health is in order?
When redness of the eye is provoked by natural and domestic factors, the intervention of a physician is not required. It is enough to identify the cause that led to the expansion of blood vessels, and eliminate it. After that, the protein will quickly restore its original color, especially if you help him with masks and lotions, which we will discuss later.
Domestic factors that can cause eye redness include:
- Bright sun. It provokes irritation of the mucous membrane, tearing and redness, and later - cancer. Doctors advise in sunny weather to use glasses that provide protection from ultraviolet radiation. Before you get a stylish accessory, ask about its UV protection class (there are only 4 of them) and only then buy it.
- Dry air Indoors to cope with this problem is simple: put an aquarium, an artificial waterfall, any water tanks.Its evaporation will normalize moisture, the mucous will cease to dry up, and red eyes will gain a normal look. Faced with the problem of dry air on the street, minimize the time spent outdoors.
- Strong wind. It is impossible to fight with him, you can only avoid: try not to go out at this time on the street or wear glasses that minimize its consequences.
- Eye injury. What can I say? Take care of your eyes: it is not the fact of redness that is terrible, but the possibility of loss of vision. Immediately seek medical help and strictly follow the doctor's instructions.
- Fatigue due to long stay in front of a computer monitor or TV screen. Remember: doctors advise to limit the presence of these devices in front of 7 hours a day. Otherwise, red eyes will only be the beginning, then you may lose sight.
- Lack of sleep Eyes rest with you. If you sleep a little, fatigue is reflected in the condition of the eyes. Both you and they need a daily 8-hour healthy sleep, then the squirrels will restore their color, and you will gain vigor.
- Foreign body contact. Remove the mote with thoroughly washed hands, otherwise you will add conjunctivitis to redness.After that, flush the eye with running water and help it to return to its original state, using one of the popular methods, which we describe below.
- Overdue, dirty or improperly selected contact lenses. Red eyes in this case - a fair punishment for negligence in relation to their health. When choosing lenses, consult a doctor, and buying them - follow the rules of hygiene.
- Alcohol. In some people, literally by the eyes you can determine how much they took on the eve of the chest. Do not abuse alcohol, and your eyes will be fine.
- Cry. Tears are good for the mucous membranes, as they moisturize. But tears do not benefit the vessels of the eyeball, as they cause their expansion and redness. It is not always possible to resist the “dilution of dampness”, but try to use this method of relieving the soul as rarely as possible. Or accept the fact that you will become a vampire.
- Stress. Another cause of eye redness. We do not recommend to be treated independently, swallowing antidepressants. Consult a doctor, you may be able to do without medication methods.
Those who spend a lot of time at the computer, do not get enough sleep and drive in a car with an open window, it is difficult to understand why their eyes turn red. Proceed with the elimination method, eliminating each of the listed factors in turn. After the disappearance of the red you will understand what was the reason for it.
Red eye drops
Today, in pharmacies without a prescription, you can buy drops from the eyes, which have a vasoconstrictor effect. They are really capable of making protein white, but their use has several limitations:
- Such drugs can be used no more than three times a day and only for 3 days. Their prolonged use is addictive, the vessels of the eyeball lose their ability to constrict themselves.
- Do not bury your eyes when your eyelids and eyelashes are made up: drops can react with makeup, the consequences can be much worse than the usual redness.
- Some drops can damage contact lenses, keep this in mind, intending to remove redness with the help of “artificial tears”.
Red eyes: popular ways of deliverance
Folk ways of getting rid of red eyes are simple and easy to use.We chose the most effective ones:
- A mask of raw grated potatoes, wrapped in several layers of gauze, returns the natural color to the eyeball in 10-15 minutes.
- Ice cubes from chamomile or oak bark decoction have a similar effect. Keep them in the morning in front of as many as you can.
- Do not rush to throw out the used bags of black tea: in 7-10 minutes they will put in order the condition of the vessels. Green tea during this time will eliminate bags under the eyes.
- Cucumber, cleared of seeds and peel and grated, will help to remove red eyes. Putting it in cheesecloth and putting it on for 10-15 minutes by the eyelids, you will force the vessels to narrow. Parsley and apple have the same effect.
- Contrast compress also copes with this task. Alternately apply gauze soaked in hot and cold water to your eyes - this quickly eliminates redness.
To resort to popular methods of getting rid of red eyes should be only when you are sure that the expansion of blood vessels is caused by household factors.
Proper Lifestyles - Healthy Eyes
In addition to the above factors, nutrition, exercise and even special exercises also affect the condition of the eyes. If you want to have a clear look at 90 and read without glasses, then:
- Include parsley, carrots, cabbage, oranges, grapefruit, blueberries, nuts, oily fish and eggs in your daily diet.
- Twice a year, take vitamin complexes for the eyes.
- Do eye exercises at least once a day. People whose work is related to the computer, exercises for the vision need to be done every hour. 10 rotations of the eyes in a clockwise direction and the same against, 10 movements "up - down" and "right - left" radiation monitor.
Do not be lazy, and then the look will always be clear, and the vision will be sharp.
A good recipe for removing inflammation of the eyes after a long vigil in front of the monitor: