arena zucchini, vegetable stew, squash caviar, and even jam - this is not the final list of dishes that are prepared from this amazing vegetable. It is dietary, easily digestible and has a pleasant taste. Without vegetable marrows, a vegetable garden is not a vegetable garden, but all due to the fact that cultivation and care is not difficult even for a novice in gardening.
Varieties of squash
Types of zucchini:early ripe, mid-ripe, late. Depending on the purpose of planting and seeds are selected. Squashes are white, yellow, cream, green, and zucchini is yellow, green and spotty. Plantings are divided into bush and climbing.
Early varieties of zucchini ripen in a month or two after planting.
|The best early varieties of zucchini:||Mid-season varieties:||Late:|
The seeds of zucchini are planted immediately in open ground or through seedlings, but in any case they must be well prepared:
- Soak in warm water for several hours (fungus prophylaxis).To do this, place the seeds in a soaked rag and warm on the battery.
- Then immediately immerse them in cold water for a couple of minutes, you can with a solution of Fitosporin.
- To protect against pests, you can hold them in aloe juice, diluted with water.
These measures relate to seeds of their own collection or acquired with the hands. If the packaging indicates that they have undergone preplant preparation, do not touch them, you can only hold them warm (see item 1) for 24 hours before swelling or sprouting. If they are planted in the ground, hardening the seeds will help them to be more stable: With the heat, we place the seeds in the refrigerator and back.
Planting squash in open ground
Although the vegetable is considered unpretentious, it itself requires prepared soil: manure, humus, peat, sawdust, compost - for this culture will thank you.
When to plant
If your goal is to get an early harvest, plant seedlings no earlier than April.
If you are not in a hurry, land immediately in open ground, the time - the beginning of May - the middle of June.
How to plant
Well dig up the ground. Prepare the hole at least half a meter. Fertilize with organic matter, mixed with soil. Add "Agricola 5".Next, plant the seeds, the distance between the seeds is 5 cm, you can plant the seed in pairs. This is the classic method of planting zucchini in open ground.
Method: planting "under the bottle"
There is still a "bottle" planting at the end of April, when the weather will become more stable. The depth of the pits 10-15cm - this is an additional protection from the wind. After the seeds are in the soil, it is necessary to shed them and cover them with cut plastic bottles. As soon as the air begins to warm up above 20 degrees, the shelter retracts.
Care for courgettes in the open field
- The plant has a strong root system and can tolerate it if it is not poured in time, however,wateringstill requires systematicity, because powerful leaves and fruits need moisture. Every 7-10 days plenty of water your pets with warm water.
- In order for the water to be better absorbed by the roots, the plant requires systematicloosening and weeding.
- Fertilizermullein at least twice.
Collection of zucchini
The first fruits can be cut off three weeks after flowering. They will be gentle and with thin skin. Store them in a cool dark place.
Growing zucchini is a pleasant process with great dedication.correctly prepare the seeds for sowing, fertilize the soil, water regularly and enjoy a rich harvest!