The city of Omsk may well be considered the third capital of Russia. From 1918 to 1920, the capital of White Russia was located here, the government of Admiral Kolchak was located, and hence the troops of the anti-revolutionary movement were controlled. But Omsk has not made real capital attributes for that time, and now it is quite a provincial, but beautiful and interesting city.
Let's start from the Irtysh. Officially, this is a tributary of the Ob, on the banks of which we recently walked in Novosibirsk. But there are many supporters that the opposite is true, and the Ob is a tributary of the Irtysh. And if you google a little, you will understand that it is not unreasonable.
The place where the Om flows into the Irtysh. As you know, from the name of Omi and received the name of Omsk.
The Leningradsky bridge across the Irtysh was opened in 1959. The project was developed by Leningrad engineers, hence the name.
Irtysh embankment. For some reason only this stupid photo was left from there.
Modern buildings, as in most cities of Russia, are not impressive architecture. Shopping complex "Ocean".
Better that way.Hotel "Tourist".
And the hotel "Siberia" is part of the Ibis network.
The Omsk Philharmonic is also plastic, but it looks more successful. Probably because of the color solution.
Omsk State Musical Theater. I do not understand why write in big letters that the season is closed? Wouldn't it be better to write when a new one opens?
Theater, apparently for adults. Children cannot open such a door.
Omsk Drama Theater is one of the oldest in Siberia. It was founded in 1874, but at first it worked in another building. It was built in 1882.
Omsk Regional Museum of Fine Arts named after MA Vrubel has been operating since 1924.
Omsk State Local History Museum was opened in 1878.
Library named after Pushkin. The style is completely Soviet, it was not for nothing that in 2001 Kim Jong Il drove in here.
Cinema "Mayakovsky" was built in 1957.
The office building of the joint-stock company of agricultural machines "Helferich-Sade". Now there is a cafe.
Omsk Cadet Corps. This school is over 200 years old. The Cadet Corps originates from the Cossack Military School, founded in 1813.
Hall of organ and chamber music. The construction of the building began in 1906.Initially, there was a hotel, a cinema and a public meeting.
Omsk branch of the State University of the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation.
Military Commissariat of Omsk Region. Earlier this building was located the guardhouse.
The building of the Omsk railway.
City Council works in a building built in 1897.
Administration of the city of Omsk.
The building of the prosecutor's office of the Omsk region.
Government of Omsk region.
In Omsk, the metro is being built. Transitions are already working. But it was in 2012. Not launched yet?
Fountain "Stone Flower".
Tarskaya Street is one of the oldest in the city.
View of the Tara gate.
Beautiful wooden house given to the center "Health".
Trading house "Lyubinsky". Previously, the Shanin Trading House, built in 1897.
The Holy Cross Exaltation Cathedral was built in 1867.
Nikolsky military Cossack Cathedral built in 1833.
Banner Ermak, referred to in historical photography, disappeared after the revolution. Most likely it was destroyed in the heat of the revolutionary struggle.
Church of St. John the Forerunner new, built in 1999.
Assumption Cathedral - the most beautiful in the city. Opened in 1898.Erected on the basis of a revised project of the Savior on Spilled Blood in St. Petersburg, but there are few similarities.
The symbol of the city of Omsk, the fire tower, was built in 1915. Before that, there was a wooden tower at the same place.
Train Station. Everything, we are leaving) I can only say that the first version of the station building was built in 1896. In 1914, the building was reconstructed due to the increased flow of passengers. In 1957, conducted another reconstruction. And the station received the final touches in 2006, when during the next reconstruction the third floor was added.
Here is a photo without add.
And here is an earlier version, before the reconstruction of 1957.
And here is the station at the beginning of the 20th century.
P.S. As a postscript a few photos of Omsk on abstract topics ...
Compromising, so compromising.
Apparently, in Omsk they consider that it is more effective not to encourage the best, but to humiliate the worst)) How do you find this?
The inscription: "Oleska, they exist ... We will see them together!"
Under the new laws, this wall will probably be erased. The crocodile is smoking!