How to treat inflammation and varicose veins
Two types of varicose veins
Modern medicine distinguishes between primary and secondary varicose veins.
Primary varicose veins
The disease provokes weakness of the venous wall or its pathological changes. In the dominant number of cases the disease develops in:
- pregnant women;
- people suffering from obesity;
- those who have been on their feet for a long time;
- those who prefer stockings or socks with tight elastic bands;
- patients with weak connective tissues.
Secondary varicose veins
It occurs due to violations of the venous outflow, when the valves of the veins can no longer cope with the functions assigned to them, as well as with injuries or tumors. In this case, varicose veins in the legs occur due to damage to the valves, which no longer prevent the penetration of blood into the venous surface system, which leads to increased pressure, accompanied by such vascular dilations (see photo).
The progression of the disease slows down the blood flow. Accordingly, the nutrition of tissues and the saturation of their oxygen decreases. Ulcers occur. However, among the causes of secondary varicose veins, there are:
- hereditary vascular weakness;
- long loads with prolonged immobilization of limbs;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- hormonal disorders and / or hormone drugs;
- foot injuries;
- physical overload of the lower limbs;
Since, in the sitting position, the veins of the upper thigh and small pelvis are also subjected to pressure and squeezing, they also bring the person closer to varicose veins.
We recognize the disease in time
Recognizing varicose veins in the legs is not difficult. The main thing is to listen to your body, especially during pregnancy, and to hear it. At the end of the working day, you may experience a feeling of heaviness in the lower limbs, and your legs often hurt. You may get the impression that shoes, worn in the morning, have already become uncomfortably tight by the evening due to the appearance of light edema. These will be the first signs of varicose veins that everyone ignores.
No less caution is necessary to treat the periodic cramps, pain in the calves. After all, they all point not so much to varicose veins, but to the approach of this disease.
The main signs of varicose veins
To more accurately recognize the impending threat, pay attention to the symptoms of the disease, which manifests itself:
- leg pains (and not only during pregnancy);
- burning sensation or heat along the veins in the lower limbs;
- "Heavy" feet;
- swelling of the feet in the evening;
- night cramps of the lower limbs;
- darkening and sealing the skin of the legs;
- dilated veins;
- trophic ulcers.
After the discovery of the primary signs, it is necessary to immediately seek medical help to make the treatment more effective.In case of delay, blockage of veins is possible.Before treating varicose veins, you can use uncomplicated rules that can not only avoid the development of the disease, but also significantly slow it down.
Do not get carried away with the fact that it can reduce venous tone and lead to stagnation of blood: a sauna, hot baths, a long stay in the sun.
Take care of weight loss. A person suffering from fullness increases the load on the veins not by body weight, but by an increase in the volume of blood in the veins.
Give up tight clothes.
In any case, the disease is easier to prevent than to cure. Therefore, try to distribute all the loads on the lower limbs evenly, avoiding a long stay in one place or in the same position.
Do not throw your legs while sitting. Try to avoid constipation, which, no matter how strange it sounds, contributes to the development of varicose veins.
Avoid excessively salty foods to avoid swelling of the lower limbs.
Coming from work, always take time to your feet, providing watering cold water to tone the vessels.
Avoid the constant wearing of tight shoes and high heels.
Treatment of varicose veins
In the case when preventive measures are no longer able to change the situation, treatment is necessary. We urge you not to self-medicate, not to use folk remedies at your discretion. Remind youthat varicosity almost always accompanies the blockage of the veins, which threatens, sooner or later, fatal. The whole treatment should be prescribed by a phlebologist.
During pregnancy, in the initial stages of the disease, as well as patients who are contraindicated for surgical intervention, conservative treatment methods are prescribed, which consist in the use of compression underwear, gymnastics and intake of appropriate medicines.
- SclerotherapyUsing a thin needle, the doctor injects a special drug called sclerosant into the affected area of the vein,which initially completely overlaps the bloodstream at a certain site, and over time dissolves the affected vessel walls, making it unsuitable for the body to work (see photo). Thus, the blood is redirected through healthy veins;
- Laser treatment.This is the most popular varicose response. The desired result, after the end of treatment with a laser, is achieved in 98% of cases. In fact, laser treatment is similar with sclerosing, but the difference is that in this case all the work is done through the skin of the lower limbs;
- Venectomy.In that case, if you can not achieve the desired effect with the help of sclerosant and laser treatment, doctors resort to this method, which consists of removing the affected veins. Since previously there were no alternative methods of healing, then he was resorted to quite often. Today is an extreme case. After a venectomy, the compression garment is worn for at least two years from the moment of operation;
- Hirudotherapy.Such treatment can be rather attributed to the treatment of folk remedies. Yes, it is radical, but it has proven itself in the fight against varicose veins.Leech saliva, getting inside the vein, contributes not only to the beneficial effects on the vessels, but also to the resorption of intravenous blood clots.
Nutrition and Diet
For the treatment of this disease to be more effective, it is necessary to follow a certain diet. Fruits and vegetables should dominate the diet and smoked and salted foods should be practically excluded. The diet should include foods low in fat, animal protein, refined carbohydrates. To reduce the expansion of blood vessels in problem areas, it is necessary to monitor blood density. Her thickening provokes spicy food and alcohol.
From herbal products to the use of all desirable. A particularly important place in this list is assigned to vitamins E and P, which strengthen the walls of blood vessels.They are contained in olive oil, walnuts, wild rose, green tea.
To break up the blood you need to enter garlic in the diet. However, its use during pregnancy must be coordinated with your doctor. Garlic also contributes to the resorption of blood clots. On the day you need to eat 2-3 cloves of garlic. It also helps to reduce blood pressure and cleanses the blood vessels from atherosclerotic deposits.
Folk remedies for varicose veins
Perhaps the treatment of varicose veins in the legs and folk remedies. With extreme caution, all recipes must be used during pregnancy. We bring to your attention only thosewhich can be prepared at home from the ingredients that are always at hand. Naturally, laser treatment is in any case more effective than any folk remedies.
It is an old remedy that perfectly treats varicose veins. You can apply a bandage or pieces of gauze, previously soaked in vinegar, twice a day. The duration of each procedure is not more than 30 minutes. All this time, the foot or legs should be higher.
Another way - 3 tbsp. lsugar mixed with the same amount of vinegar in 0.57 liters. warm water. This mixture should be drunk daily.
Cod Liver Oil
Traditional medicine recommends a good ointment for the treatment of varicose veins. For cooking, you will need one part of cod liver and the same amount of honey. Everything is thoroughly mixed, placed in a jar and closed with gauze for one night. Then it can lubricate the affected areas of the legs.
Copes with ulcers. They just need to sprinkle this powder.
For the prevention and treatment of varicose veins on the legs, you can use ointment. Be careful with these drugs during pregnancy.
Such ointments or gels have a resolving effect, prevent the appearance of blood clots, prevent blood from stagnating in the venous bed, and create an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Heparin ointment;
- Lioton 100;
Ointments based on venoactive components
In this category can be distinguished:
- Venen from Dr. Theis;
Among non-steroid ointments are distinguished:
- Indomethacin ointment;
- Fastum gel;
- Diclofenac gel.
Varicose veins or inflammation of the veins
Very similar in symptoms is inflammation of the veins in the legs. It is almost impossible to defend against it. In addition to swelling, pain, manifestations of a clear pattern of veins, inflammation is accompanied by rapid heartbeat, increased body temperature, staining of the lower limbs in a bluish-red color.
In the first case, the inflammation is accompanied by the formation of a blood clot or thrombus that is able to move through the circulatory system and carries the danger of cardiac arrest. This disease requires immediate hospitalization. Treatment occurs through the use of anticoagulants.
In the second case, the inflammation is accompanied by tension in the veins and their painful sensations. The manifestations of redness in the form of stripes of the same color, as well as compaction of the skin over the affected area are not uncommon.Possible increase in body temperature and general weakness.