Allergy on the skin: types, symptoms, treatment
Allergies to the skin gives us a lot of trouble. Unattractive rashes are usually accompanied by itching, which causes the desire to get rid of them as soon as possible. Why and what the body reacts in this way and how to deal with it, read here.
Allergies to the skin: symptoms and types
Skin allergy - a rash on the skin of a different nature - is one of the types of allergic reactions that can exist both independently and with accompanying symptoms: runny nose, sneezing, redness of the eyeball, tearing.
Doctors distinguish these types of allergies on the skin:
1. Urticaria, or urticaria, is a rash that resembles a nettle burn and is accompanied by itching. Its hallmark is the presence of blisters, the size of which can vary from a couple of millimeters to a half to two centimeters.
Skin Allergy - Urticaria Photo:
2. Atopic dermatitis is a rash in the form of bubbles (vesicles), which eventually burst,forming moist areas and then scaly crusts. This disease may be accompanied by cracking of the skin. A feature of atopic dermatitis is the presence of hyperpigmentation (discoloration of skin areas) after the disappearance of the rash.
Skin allergy - atopic dermatitis photo:
3. Eczema is a neuro-allergic chronic skin disease, accompanied by a rash of a different nature, itching and burning. Eczema recurs from time to time, which is caused by stress.
Types of eczema:
- seborrheic: localized on the face, in the scalp, in the interscapular triangle and chest. Manifested in the form of nodules yellowish-pink color with fatty scales. Over time, nodules form plaques that burst, creating large foci of eczema;
- microbial: the affected area is covered with lamellar crusts, the detachment of which forms a continuous weeping surface. Most often located on the legs and back parts of the hands;
- Professional: Occurs due to exposure to chemicals or mechanical irritants. It differs from other types of rapid healing.
Skin Allergy - Eczema Photo:
four.Toxicoderma - an allergic reaction to allergens-toxins. It can manifest itself in the form of redness of the skin, nodules, bubbles and peeling. A rash may occur within three to five days.
Only a doctor can determine the type of allergy, since in many cases its manifestations are similar in nature.
Causes of skin allergies
Manifestations of skin allergieshave the same reasons as other types of allergies:
- Food. Any food from your diet can provoke urticaria or atopic dermatitis. Allergies are most often caused by the consumption of honey, nuts, citrus fruits, vegetables and fruits with a red color;
- animal hair;
- pollen. The strongest allergen, especially when it comes to ambrosia;
- bites of wasps, mosquitoes, bees and other insects. Their poison can provoke an allergic reaction, including angioedema and even anaphylactic shock;
- physical factors. Allergies can cause cold, sun, friction, vibration, contact with metals, etc.
Skin allergy in a child - photo:
Additional factors that trigger the process of an allergic reaction are smoking, stress, genetic predisposition,and maternal nutrition during pregnancy.
Allergy to the skin: treatment
Skin allergy in a childand an adult is an undesirable phenomenon. Persistent itching is annoying, and open foci of disease are the shortest way to enter into the body of other infections. How to treat skin allergies?
Only a qualified specialist can prescribe effective treatment and only after identifying the cause of the disease. If the factor that triggers the allergy is not eliminated, it will recur, giving you new trouble.
You can relieve allergic itching at home with a salt compress or a cool shower. But at the first opportunity you should contact the doctor who will prescribe a drug and physiotherapy treatment.
Allergy sufferers are usually recommended a complex reception:
- antihistamines (drugs of the new generation without side effects in the form of drowsiness: "Loratadin", "Claritin", "Zyrtec", "Cetirizine", "Erius", "Edem");
- corticosteroids - hormonal drugs used in cases where the use of antihistamines did not work;
- external means - ointments and creams that have an antihistamine effect ("Fenistil", "Bepanten", "Tavegil", "Soventol", "Dermoveit"). Some of them contain hormonal substances, so do not use them without prescribing an allergist;
- sorbents - drugs that remove toxins from the body. The most famous of these is activated carbon.
The therapeutic effect on skin dermatitis in children has decoctions of the train and chamomile: baths with these herbs relieve itching and redness. Severe irritation removes lotion from the alcohol solution of calendula and propolis, itching can be combated with cabbage pickle.
All about allergy to cold and its skin manifestations, see the video: