After that, you will not eat shrimp! What do the producers feed us?
As is known, Russia is washed by thirteen seas. And one hundred species of shrimp are found in these seas! But did you know that out of all this variety, nothing arrives on the shelves of our stores? So what kind of frozen shrimp do we eat in this case? How to choose shrimp and do not poison?
Why Russians can not eat Russian shrimp?
Indeed, almost all frozen shrimp that you see in stores is overseas. That shrimp, which is caught in the Far East, is all exported abroad; its main consumers are Japan and China. And its catch in the Barents and Okhotsk seas is almost not conducted at all, since the fishermen do not have expensive vessels suitable for catching such sea creatures.
A variety of shrimp varieties of excellent quality in our open spaces can be seen in special fish boutiques and elite restaurants.But most expensive goods are not affordable at all, and low purchasing power has led to the fact that frozen shrimps come to us mainly from Vietnam.
What shrimp come to our table
Why precisely Vietnam? Cheap labor and low production control contribute to artificially growing shrimp there in large quantities. This is done in coastal ponds at the site of mangroves, for the removal of which various pesticides are used.
In such an environment, not only the mangroves die, but the shrimp cannot live normally and starts to hurt. In order not to lose the goods, Vietnamese farmers are ready to feed them with any kind of antibiotics and even growth hormones.
Moreover: there are no expensive running water systems there, the workers do not have special equipment, there is no money for high-quality food either! Shrimp ponds are really more like fetid puddles, where the water is saturated with chemicals. No wonder why even the poorest Vietnamese who cannot afford other foods don’t eat farmed shrimp!
What was the production of seafood in the Soviet Union? What causes poisoning low-quality shrimp? Continuing the theme, see the following video:
How to choose shrimp
Not everyone can refuse this seafood, even knowing the peculiarities of its cultivation and processing. How to choose the best quality shrimp in the store?
- To choose good frozen seafood, pay attention to the presence of snow or ice chips in the package. The appearance of the crumbs occurs when the shrimp is re-frozen. In our stores it is not uncommon: to save refrigerators can be turned off for the night.
- Do not take shrimp, already hung on the packages - it is not known how many times they were transferred from package to package and violated the temperature.
- If shrimps have black heads, they have been lying for a long time without any frost and are already spoiled.
- Small shrimp contain more protein and have a more refined taste, especially for varieties from the northern seas. Large specimens and shrimps from warm seas are less tasty.
- Do not buy the so-called "sea cocktails" - in such frozen sets are more likely to put the spoiled shrimp.
- It is better to choose the shrimp natural for them grayish-green color.Pink and red specimens have acquired such a color because they have already been boiled in salt water at the plant, and it is not recommended to cook them a second time, so as not to deprive them of taste and useful substances at all. If, when cooking, the water becomes red, it means that the product was originally tinted.
- Food technologists advise: it is better to choose products from Thailand or Belarus, since it is their seafood that can today be called the highest quality and safest.