5 deadly things that vegans are silent about
Born in the middle of the last century, a new direction of vegetarianism - veganism - today is most prevalent in America and Western Europe. On the one hand, the intention to refuse food of animal origin looks noble. But on the other hand, it turns out that not everything is so rosy, because vegans are not all talking about the effect of their diet on the human body.
The difference between veganism and vegetarianism
Veganism is a more rigid form of vegetarianism. The main differences between these two diets, which have become a way of life, are as follows:
|In addition to meat, do not eat any products that are the result of animal activity: honey, milk and dairy products, eggs, as well as food, which contains substances obtained by processing these products - glycerin, gelatin. Do not consume fish.||Refuse to eat meat of animals.|
|Do not wear natural furs, clothes made of leather and natural silk and do not use cosmetics that have been tested on animals.||Vegetarians have no such bias.|
|Oppose the killing of animals.||Maintain a similar position.|
Moreover, vegans do not recognize the exploitation of animals, and therefore do not attend circus performances, racetracks and zoos.Animals around the world exist for their own purposes. They were not created for people, as blacks were not created for whites, and women for men.Alice Walker
Pros of veganism
Veganism has certain advantages:
- vegans are protesting against the violent killing of animals, which is ethically very commendable;
- The vegan diet is rich in fiber, which improves the functioning of the digestive tract;
- such a diet normalizes blood glucose, so it is recommended for diabetics;
- food devoid of animal fats, helps to reduce blood pressure, eliminating the occurrence of hypertension and other diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- plant foods contain almost no “bad” cholesterol, so the risk of getting atherosclerosis in vegans is extremely low;
- weight is normalized as plant food does not cause obesity.
In addition, this diet can be delicious. See for yourself by looking at vegan recipes for every day.
What is dangerous veganism?
However, veganism has a downside. Scientists say: vegans, who consciously, and who unknowingly, put their health at risk.
- Products of plant origin contain almost no iron, calcium and zinc, and their deficiency threatens with anemia, loss of teeth and brittle bones. Of course, you can try to replace them with synthetic vitamins, but year-round use of “chemistry” will adversely affect your liver and kidneys.
- Missing vegan and vitamin B12, without which blood formation processes are slowed down, and low production of blood cells is a direct path to blood cancer. Without this vitamin in the body, the metabolism is inhibited, the work of the digestive system deteriorates, irritability increases, and rapid fatigue appears.
- Vegetable protein is not a complete substitute for an animal. It is not only poorly absorbed, but is not able to meet the body's need for amino acids. In other words, your muscles are affected.For the average person, this may not be important, but such a diet can do great harm to an athlete.
- Creatine deficiency, in small doses present in vegetables and fruits, leads to changes at the cellular level and impaired performance.
- The lack of carnosine, in the meager shares contained in plant foods, provokes Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. This substance is involved in metabolic processes, slows aging. Since vegans have little of it, wear on their body happens earlier.
Doctors say: veganism is unnatural for humans. Why, find out from the video: