10 great "Losers"
Does a child study badly at school? This is not a reason to consider him a complete loser and anxiously look to the future. Not all geniuses could boast of school success. Quite the contrary.
1. The father of the great Voltaire wanted his son to become a lawyer, and for some reason he gave him to a Jesuit college, where the future genius was taught "Latin and all sorts of nonsense." He studied young Voltaire so-so, and his legal career did not attract him. A disappointed father once said about him and his brother: “I raised two fools. One fool in prose, the other in verse. ”
2. For a long time I was a bad student at school, Isaac Newton. He took hold of the mind only when a classmate beat him. As a child, painful and weak, he decided to prove what he was capable of by taking the lead in school, and surprised teachers with outstanding abilities.
3. Otto von Bismarck was in school very average. Enrolling at the Georg Augusta University in Göttingen, the future German chancellor preferred entertainment to his friends with his comrades — in a word, he behaved like the typical golden youth of that time and even took part in 27 duels.
4. Of all the school subjects, only mathematics was good to Napoleon.
five.Ludwig van Beethoven wrote all his life with mistakes, but he never mastered arithmetic at school.
6. The parents of the creator of the theory of relativity, Albert Einstein, who was also not an excellent student, told acquaintances that they did not harbor any illusions about his future and only hoped that Albert would manage to get some simple work.
7. Alexander Sergeevich Pushkin literally wept at the lessons of arithmetic, and according to the results of his studies at the lyceum, he was the second from the end.
8. Vladimir Mayakovsky at school had no interest in literature and was not even able to finish reading “Anna Karenina”.
9. At school, the grades above the three of the great Soviet designer Sergey Korolev received very rarely.
10. Anton Pavlovich Chekhov once stayed in the gymnasium for the second year. But the story "Letter to the learned neighbor" he published in the journal "Dragonfly", studying in the first year of university.